Thursday, July 31, 2014

Baby Rag Strip Quilt

 I recently made this rag strip quilt for my niece.  It is flannel and soft and I love how it turned out.
 The embroidered label was an afterthought, so I stitched it on top, but in hindsight I would have pieced it into the quilt.  The handwriting on the label is my daughter's.  How much more special does that make the label?!
 This is the flat side of the quilt:
I had never done a quilt-as-you-go quilt or a rag quilt, and it was very easy.  I used the tutorial for this quilt at Do It Yourself Divas:
I used the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial for machine binding a quilt.  They have great tutorials and quilting fabric.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This quilt is much loved and used every night. Thank you so much, Heather.

Joe said...

Eleanor loves the quilt and sleeps with it every night! Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...