Monday, August 30, 2010

Use What You Have Organizing: Ribbon


I've been organizing everything lately.
One of the things I've wanted to tackle for a while is this mess ...
This is only a small portion of the ribbon pile
because I started this project without taking a "before" picture.
Duh.  How long have I been blogging?
I didn't want to spend money on this project.
I'm trying to declutter, so I didn't want a bunch of jars on the wall.
Then I saw what Chris at Just a Girl did with her ribbon.
I still wasn't convinced I wanted to do this project
because I'm really too lazy to cut cardboard and wrap ribbon.
It took me a couple of weeks of looking at the
ribbon pile to finally commit to wrapping.
But I was still too lazy to cut cardboard, so I used index cards instead.
I took 4 cards (to make it sturdy enough),
folded them lengthwise, and stapled them (you don't have to staple).
Then I wrapped the ribbon.
Once I started wrapping, I couldn't stop because it looked so good.
I fastened small ribbon with a stapler.
Big ribbon I fastened with a rubber band.
This is one of my favorite ribbons.
It's just dollar Walmart fabric ripped up.
I love the little fringe.
I put them all in one of my scrapbook paper drawers.
Isn't it beautiful?


Featured on:
I'm an Organizing Junkie

Linking up to:
inspired room

We're Organized Wednesday at Organize Your Stuff Now

24 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, it's beautiful! Probably takes much less space, too!

Kristy said...

That is quite the ribbon assortment! Great idea.

Macey said...

Why did I never think of that??? I'm such a nerd!!

Tricia said...

I have that same mess going on. This is a brilliant idea!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Wow, I love this idea! By the way, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog & since you're a follower, I wanted to make sure you know about it. Hop on over to enter!
Warmly, Michelle

Martha said...

Eye candy, sister. Pure eye cand!

Laura said...

What a great fix! Thank you for sharing it with me, so awesome. It looks amazing. Isn't that the best feeling in the world!!

Lain said...

Okay, this is pretty fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Love it! I tie my ribbons onto large "macrame" rings by color -- but this may be what I have to do next...

Hopewell said...

Great solution! Much better than letting the nice pieces of ribbon lay around and become cat toys like so much of mine has! I'm going to try this.

Samara Link said...

LOVE this idea. It's brilliant!

Anonymous said...

What a super creative idea without buying more stuff!!! I heart pretty ribbons.

dee said...

Wonderful! I have a plastic caddy that holds rolls of ribbon, but now I have more ribbon than will go in the caddy & on enough space (or $$) for more caddies. Thanks for the idea!

Jennifer Clark of CakeGifts said...

What a great idea, especially love using what we have already in the house ...

Val said...

Brilliant!!

Chris said...

Rubberbands! Why didn't I think of that?! :) I love how it turned out. Feels good now that you're done, right? So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Congrats at being featured on I'm an Organizing Junkie!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is sure a "duh" moment for me. I have ribbon and lace all over the place and thanks for the tip. Now I should be able to close the drawer;-)

Hands Sew Full said...

What a wonderful idea! I just did the glass jar thing and hung some spools on a tea cup holder and a wall hanging thingy...but this is a great idea! I may need a "do over" and I can for sure do it with my lace that is just shoved in a bag under the counter! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I love this idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!
XO
Kristin

Unknown said...

Throughout 2008 pandora braclets has accomplished a acceleration in the amount of retailers adulatory to undertake a Pandora boutique fit. The ‘shop in shop’ abstraction is a acutely authentic amplitude in a store, alone is committed to Pandora. The ‘shop in shop’ is comprised of Pandora accessories and displays.

Lynda said...

I hang my ribbon hung a la Tim Holtz, but I like your idea of having it all together and kept clean. Thanks.

Amanda said...

What a great project! :) I've featured this post on Craft Gossip here:
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/organizing-ribbon-with-index-cards/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here:
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Sewandthecity said...

I wish I had thought about this...what a simple but clever idea. I have 3 boxes full of ribbon and can never find what i need...you saved my sanity :-) I must pin this :-)

Meari said...

I did something similar a few months back: http://www.meari.blogspot.com/2012/02/organizing-fool-ribbon-storage.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...