Monday, July 7, 2008

Deceptive ... and Delicious?

A while back, I bought this book


and I've slowly been testing the recipes. In case you haven't seen it, Jessica Seinfeld wrote this book on how to sneak pureed veggies into food. Some recipes have been good, some not so good. I'll get back to you on those recipes, but today I tried the recipe for donuts, and this is what I ended up with:

They were really good, and very easy to make. I did get lucky a couple months ago, and I found a donut pan at a yard sale, but the recipe says you can use muffin tins instead. They have sweet potato and pumpkin in them, and they are pretty low fat because they have egg white and just a table spoon of low fat margarine. Ok, they are not going to taste like real donuts, but my super picky kids ate them and liked them. I can't stop eating them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your blog.

Anonymous said...

yes...some of those are gross (don't try to chocolate chip cookies)
jackson loved the pancakes!

Amy Jo said...

Those look beautiful! I got that book from the library a while back. I tried the pancakes which were good and the califlower eggs which were bad. Really bad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...