Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pottery Barn Knockoff

I'm workin' hard today trying to clean out our garage so I can put all the kids art supplies/play dough and a table in there. So before I run off to work, I thought I would show you a picture of the memo board Mr. Jones made for our daughter. I saw one at PB Teen but it was much more money than I could spend. So my honey got to work, and this is what he came up with:




He cut up a peg board from The Home Depot, got some cork board, dry erase board, and the striped panels are just plain boards covered with an extra pillow case from her bedding. He put some trim around the whole thing, and it was finished! I think it passes with flying colors.

14 comments:

Trish said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!!!!

The Feathered Nest said...

This is amazing!! What a wonderful idea, looks store bought to me! He did a great job. xxoo, Dawn

Kathleen Grace said...

it looks fabulous! I've seen the Pottery Barn ones and the prices make me cringe. He did a great job.

Free Art Printables said...

Great project! It truned out really nice! Jen r

Penny said...

GREAT work Mr. Jones!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love when you can copy something expensive for a little bit of nothing!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love the colors!

Trixi said...

This is great. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that rocks!! I saw the pottery barn one and loved it but you inspire me...maybe we will make those for our kiddos....kudos to the Mr.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog this morning. I love it! And I was so happy to see this post. I am redoing my daughter's room & have been thinking about trying to recreate the Pottery Barn pegboard for some time. I was thrilled to see someone that actually did it and it turned out cute! You have given me the encouragement I need to be brave & just give it a try. Thanks so much!

Moi said...

I love the peg board! I am going to have to come up with a reason to have one so I can make one too! What a great idea!

meg duerksen said...

THAT is fabulous!! i love it.

Jennifer said...

I love this and would like to make one for my sister...how did he attach all the pieces together? Did he tape them or hook them together somehow? Thanks Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...